Merkzettel
()
Texel Group Nature Park in South Tyrol
www.suedtirol-ferien.it

Parich Chruch Saint Cristina


Parich Chruch Saint Cristina - St. Christina Gröden

City: 
St. Christina Gröden (BZ)


S. Cristina, located in the middle of the valley near the ancient high-level track Troi Paian, is the oldest parish church in Val Gardena. A chapel dedicated to Saint Cristina is though to have stood here towards the end of the 12th century. Today all the remains of the Romanesque church, which is mentioned in a Papal letter of 1342, is the wall of the bell-tower as far as the eaves. Later rebuilding and additional structures greatly changed the original character of the church. The choir was built in the Gothic period, and a polygonal charnel house was added in the 16th century. Other interesting features include the high altar surround, which was created around 1690 in the workshop of the famous Vinazer dynasty of sculptors.


In Newsletter eingetragen.