Merkzettel
()
The Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle
www.suedtirol-ferien.it

Saint Mary's Parish Church - Selva


Saint Mary's Parish Church - Wolkenstein

City: 
Wolkenstein (BZ)


The 19th century Neo-Gothic nave was demolished in 1988 and replaced by a modern octagonal structure. The beautiful chancel dating back to 1670, however, was preserved, complete with the painting of the 'Madonna with child' by Lucas Cranach on the high altar (now a copy). In 1503 Willhelm von Wolkenstein had a chapel dedicatd to the Virgin built there, which subsequently had to be enlarged several times to cope with the large number of people visiting thia popular place of piligrimage.
On the outside wall of the sacristy there is a stone painted with the coat ot arms of the Counts of Wolkenstein.


In Newsletter eingetragen.