Merkzettel
()
Castel Annaberg, Val Venosta
www.suedtirol-ferien.it

Parish Church in Kastelruth/Castelrotto


The Parish Church - Kastelruth

City: 
Kastelruth (BZ)


The St. Peter’s and Paul’s Parish Church in Kastelruth/Castelrotto is from the classicist period. Inside, worth seeing is a late-classicist high altar (1882) with a marble tabernacle. The Parish originally included the churches and daughter churches of St. Michael at Panider Sattel/Passo Pinei, the pass to Gröden/Gardena; St. Leonard in Pufels/Bulla, St. Magdalene in Tagusens/Tagusa; the church in Waidbruck/Ponte Gardena at the feet of Trostburg/Castel Forte, St. Oswald; St. Vigil; the Church in Seis am Schlern/Siusi allo Sciliar and St. Valentine with Seiser Alm/Alpe di Siusi. The Parish in Pufels/Bulla became independent in 1919, Seis/Siusi with St. Vigil in 1974 and Waidbruck/Ponte Gardena in 1976.


The Tower Chapel in Kastelruth/Castelrotto

The detached bell tower- the imposing symbol of Kastelruth /Castelrotto - was built in 1756-58 to the plans of Simon Rieder, master builder from Brixen/Bressanone, after the old gothic church had been severely damaged by the 1753 fire.


In Newsletter eingetragen.